Getty Marrow Undergraduate Internship Summer 2022
Craft in America is pleased to offer a Getty Marrow Undergraduate Digital Communications paid, full-time internship this summer 2022 thanks to a grant from the Getty Foundation.
This internship will be a hybrid remote and in-person position at the Craft in America Center for a total of 40 hours a week. Intern must be available for 10 continuous weeks between June 6 to August 26, 2022.
The Craft in America Digital Communications intern will provide support and assist in various aspects of digital media. Intern will assist with cataloging and captioning our digital video library, research for the Craft Video Dictionary, cataloging our Craft in America Center library, researching and writing artist biographies for the website.
Over the summer, the intern will participate in outreach with artists, outside organizations, collectors, local businesses, student groups, and art schools. In addition, the intern will be involved in research, writing, and editing web and social media content to support the organization’s programming, website, and PBS documentary series. The intern will be trained to use our website and Constant Contact and will have structured time to familiarize with Craft in America’s resources, artist database, and style guide. Familiarity and knowledge of Adobe Suite, Google Suite, WordPress is a plus. Intern will demonstrate interest or curiosity in craft processes and artists as well as film production even if they do not have prior experience.
- Be of a group underrepresented in museums and visual arts organizations, including, but not limited to, individuals of African American, Asian, Latino/Hispanic, Native American, or Pacific Islander descent;
- Be currently enrolled as full-time undergraduates (bachelor’s degree program or associate’s degree program). Students must have completed at least one semester or two quarters of college by June 2022. Students graduating in April to June 2022 are also eligible. (Students who are enrolled in a second BA or BS program are not eligible.)
- Reside or attend college in Los Angeles County; and
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident (non-citizen authorized to live and work in the US on a permanent basis; also known as a “green card” holder.) Students with DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival) status valid through the internship period are eligible.
Candidates are not eligible if:
- They have previously served as a Getty MUI summer intern at Craft in America.
- They are Craft in America staff members and relatives of staff or board members.
- They have received a prior BA, BS, or higher degree.
- They are currently enrolled in a graduate degree program.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Internship 2022”:
- description of how you meet the requirements for the position
- two letters of recommendation or contact information (phone/email) for two references (teacher, professor, former employer, etc.)
Deadline for applications: April 22, 2022.
For more information about the Getty Marrow Undergraduate Internship program, visit www.getty.edu/foundation/initiatives/current/mui/mui_students.html